May 14, 2009

Wednesday May 13th

Since I felt better, I went to Bingo on Wednesday. I had a wonderful time chatting, joking, and laughing with my christian friends. To make it even better, I won a bingo for $50, and two side games for $5 each. Sixty dollars is enough to go to bingo for three more weeks. I enjoy bingo and my friends company, but I am proud to support "Meals on Wheels".
I made it to church too. Wonderful. It feels so good to be in church with other believers wanting to learn and grow in the Lord. The praise and worship time was awesome. On Wednesday nights we are in the book of Jeremiah. I've been going on Sunday mornings too with Will, and we are going through the book of Acts.
I am so glad I switched to Calvary Chapel. They teach through the bible- chapter by chapter, verse by verse, just like they did in the early church. Not topic by topic. I learn what the Bible says, instead of, just what the preachers says. Not to insult those churches that do. I went to a First Baptist Church for 15 years. Pastor Dave always made sure to "read a few verses in front of, and after" the verses he was to preach on. That way they "could not be taken out of context".

No comments:

Post a Comment