May 14, 2009

It has been crazy

I have been on a wild ride the last few weeks. First, I got sick for about 5 days. Second, when I felt better, my rescued hound dog, Buddy, got sick [see post below]. Third, when Buddy was feeling better, he tried to wrestle with me like he does my friend Will [6' tall]. Since, I'm only 5'1", I was at a clear disadvantage since Walker Hounds are strong. Buddy jumped up and wrapped his front legs around my arms, so I pulled my arms away. So he tried again. He missed and punched me in my left eye. No joke. Fourth, I couldn't go to the doctor since it was 6:30pm on Thursday. I called my opthamologists office first thing the next morning. He only works Monday - Thursday. I called my regular doctor. He got me in at 4:00pm that day. He didn't see any scratches. But, because it was bothering me and a foot had been in my eye, he prescribed some antibiotic ointment. Since it was almost 5:00pm and the pharmacies closed at 6, they faxed it to my pharmacy for me. Fifth, The Drug Store did not have the medicine in stock, they ordered it for the next day. Sixth, The eye ointment did not come in with the order on Saturday, so they re-ordered it for Monday. Lastly, Saturday I woke up dizzy. I have an inner ear disorder called "meniere's disease", and I think my allergies and sinuses made it act up. At this point I'm dizzy and can use only one eye, lol.
My prescription for my eye came in on Monday, by then my eye felt better. I fill it just in case Buddy wants to try boxing again, he's better than me. A very crazy two and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment