May 1, 2009

Buddy my "rescued" hound dog

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I wasn't feeling good, and now my hound dog, Buddy has enteritis [poor baby]. Enteritis is an inflammation of the bowels. He has been nauseous for about 3 days, and not drinking anything. His Veterinarian put him on 2 types of medications. They were not working because nothing would stay down. Today I took him to see Dr. Vicki [his Vet.], and she tested him for Parvo ,[negative thank God!], and bacteria, negative also. So it is a basic case of eating or drinking something that upset his stomach and bowels. His way to fix this was to eat grass and vomit, but that made him more nauseous, which made him eat more grass...
Dr. Vicki, gave him fluids directly under the skin on the back of his neck, for his dehydration. This was interesting because it made a large lump, which she said that he would absorb as needed. She gave him a shot for nausea, and something to stop the spasms in his bowels. She has me cooking for him, because he needs to be on a "Bland diet" for 3-5 days.
I went to the store to pick up all of his food, and by the time we got home he was already feeling better. He got himself a big drink of water, and some of the fluids must have already been absorbed from his neck, because he needed to 'relieve himself'.
I am sooo relieved- no pun intended.
I thank my friend, Maggie who has been praying for Buddy, and Dr. Vicki, who is a Christian and prayed too. I thank God for listening to theirs and my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment