February 27, 2009

Internet games for charity

I love to play games on the Internet in my spare time. Usually in late evening. The website I play on most of the time is http://www.iwon.com/ . On iwon you earn coins for playing games that you can use to enter sweepstakes drawings for money or prizes. My favorite thing about playing on iwon is that while I'm earning coins for myself, I am also earning points for my charity. It makes me feel like I'm doing something to help.
I usually switch charities every month or so. I've played for Best Friends Animal Society, St. Jude's Children's Hospital, Cancer Research, Salvation Army, and for Feb. I chose Doctors Without Borders. Doctors Without Borders is in 3rd place this month, so I'll stay with them in March. Players usually switch teams and the 2nd and 3rd place charities move up to 1st or 2nd.
I always choose a charity/team from the top 3. First place gets $10k, second place get $2k and third place gets $1k [mailed directly to the charities headquarters].
So, if you enjoy playing all kinds of games for FREE. If you like to give to charity. This may be something you would be interested in.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment