March 17, 2009

Today is Buddy's birthday!

Today [yes, St. Paddy's Day], is Buddy, my hound dogs first birthday! I got Buddy when he was 4 mos. old. He has lax ligaments in his legs, and cannot be hunted. For a purebred Treeing Walker Hound, that is bad. A hunting dog that is not able to be hunted is usually killed. So, I rescued him. He is such a joy. He gives gentle kisses on my cheek, plays fetch, and comes when called. He doesn't wander, which is good, I have 2 -1/2 acres and no fence. He has turned my 11 year old dogs into playful puppies again. It is so much fun to watch them all play. Buddy is a hyperactive breed, so he sleeps in a crate at night. He is worse than a child, no kidding. I can't let him loose in the house for 5 seconds before he is destroying something. So, he was sleeping outside, but it literally got too cold this winter. Even under the patio, in a doghouse with blankets, he was shivering. A friend brought me the large dog crate, so he could sleep inside. Buddy loves his crate. I think it's because he gets to sleep inside where it is warm, and where the rest of his "pack" is. We enjoy having him inside with us too.
Happy birthday Buddy. Have many, many more! I love Ya'.

No comments:

Post a Comment