February 14, 2009

Woke up to snow

Friday morning I woke up to 14* and 8" of powder snow. It was so beautiful looking outside, with the trees and shrubs covered in snow. Perfect for skiing, but not walking dogs. I fell several times just walking the 3 dogs up the hill in the snow. I'm sure I stepped on some ice under the snow, from the previous snow. At least it was powder snow, it just brushed right off. The temperature warmed up to a cozy 32* with a westward wind of 5-20 mph.
My friend and helper Will, brought in a lot of dry firewood to keep my house warm. Another snow storm is coming Sunday night through Monday. Where I live [at 5000'] 12" -18" of fresh snow is expected. I guess I'll just stay home. Not like I have a life or anything to do, lol. Good thing I like it where I live. I have great neighbors, and my computer of course -grin-.

No comments:

Post a Comment