February 17, 2009

More snow, and the dogs love it!

It snowed 5" yesterday and 3" this morning. This brings the weeks total to 16". Good thing I have a 4wd truck.
Yesterday as I was walking the dogs around, Bear [my Lab] found a fox or skunk den. He spent hours digging in that hole. I kept getting him home, but every time I let him out to potty he would go back and dig more. When I got him in for the night he was a wet and dirty dog. I actually used snow to clean him off- It works! I sure hope that little critter moves so Bear will stop digging after it. I don't want him to hurt a fox or a skunk to spray him.
The snow makes ALL my dogs act like puppies. Only Buddy is a puppy, he's 11 months. Kati & Bear are both 11 years. They all love to play in the snow. Then, after playing, Kati likes to lay down by the wood stove and warm up her bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment